IVF Support North London
Acupuncture is the most commonly used natural therapy alongside IVF with many clinics now recommending it alongside medical treatment. Colette’s approach is integrative working very closely with medical professionals to give you the best treatment outcome.
- Ovulation tracking
- Stimulated cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Egg donation
Colette spoke with Mr Colin Davis Medical Director of The Evewell Fertility clinic for IVF Babble magazine on his views on Acupuncture and IVF. Click to read
There is lots of research to support the use of Acupuncture for assisted conception:
- A systematic review in the British Medical Journal concluded that using acupuncture alongside IVF achieved a 65% clinical pregnancy rate. This study involved giving acupuncture shortly before and after embryo transfer. Research shows acupuncture can reduce uterine contractions and as a consequence may reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- In 2016 research at The Homerton Hospital demonstrated that acupuncture treatment alongside IVF doubles a woman’s chances of having a baby.
- In 2018 a systematic review and meta – analysis found acupuncture to have a significant treatment effect in improving the birth rates of women undergoing IVF or ICSI.
- The study also concluded that acupuncture may be a suitable treatment option to reduce stress and anxiety.
Benefits of IVF Acupuncture
- Acupuncture works to calm the nervous system and can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Acupuncture through its effect on the nervous system can regulate the hormones.
- Lessen the side effects from drugs used in IVF.
- Acupuncture is a very relaxing treatment and most patients report a feeling of well being and improved sleep after a session.
- Acupuncture lowers levels of stress hormones which some research shows may impact IVF cycle.
- In some studies acupuncture is shown to stop muscular uterine contractions.
- Maximises chances of IVF success, pregnancy rates of 65% alongside acupuncture
Please call 0208 368 1130 to book a consultation or click here to email.