Acupuncture for IVF
Acupuncture is the most commonly used natural therapy alongside IVF with many clinics now recommending it alongside treatment. Sometimes medical intervention is necessary and we have supported countless patients through many assisted fertility treatment cycles including:
- Ovulation tracking
- Stimulated cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Egg donation
- Sperm donation.
There is lots of research to support the use of Acupuncture for assisted conception:
- A systematic review in the British Medical Journal concluded that using acupuncture alongside IVF achieved a 65% clinical pregnancy rate. This study involved giving acupuncture shortly before and after embryo transfer. Research shows acupuncture can reduce uterine contractions and as a consequence may reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- In 2016 research at The Homerton Hospital demonstrated that acupuncture treatment alongside IVF doubles a woman’s chances of having a baby.
- In 2018 a systematic review and meta – analysis found acupuncture to have a significant treatment effect in improving the birth rates of women undergoing IVF or ICSI.
- The study also concluded that acupuncture may be a suitable treatment option to reduce stress and anxiety.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture works to calm the nervous system and can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Acupuncture through its effect on the nervous system can regulate the hormones.
- Lessen the side effects from drugs used in IVF.
- Acupuncture is a very relaxing treatment and most patients report a feeling of well being and improved sleep after a session.
- Acupuncture lowers levels of stress hormones which some research shows may impact IVF cycle.
- In some studies acupuncture is shown to stop muscular uterine contractions.
- Maximises chances of IVF success, pregnancy rates of 65% alongside acupuncture
Fertility Acupuncturist – Colette Assor LicAc MBAcC
Call 0208 368 1130
Colette Assor runs a l fertility acupuncture clinic at North West London physiotherapy centre in Hendon and in Finchley N12. Colette has 20 years clinical experience and has completed post graduate training in fertility acupuncture and is a member of the British fertility Society Colette is a proud member of the British Acupuncture Council and abides by a strict code of conduct.
“ Colette was a life saver. I would thoroughly recommend her as a kind caring and extremely professional acupuncturist. I had 6 sessions of acupuncture alongside my IVF. I found the acupuncture helped me relax and was a big help on the IVF rollercoaster. I now have a healthy baby boy and am so pleased i tried the acupuncture. ” BO, Hendon
“Thank you so much Colette for all your support throughout the IVF process and pregnancy. We have a beautiful baby girl – a dream come true. We will always be thankful for your caring support and dedication ” M.A, NW9
Please call 0208 368 1130 to book a consultation or click here to email.