IVF Support North London
Acupuncture is the most commonly used integrative therapy alongside IVF with many clinics now recommending it alongside medical treatment. Colette’s approach is integrative working very closely with medical professionals to give you the best treatment outcome.
- Ovulation tracking
- Stimulated cycles
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Egg donation
There is lots of research to support the use of Acupuncture for assisted conception:
- A systematic review in the British Medical Journal concluded that using acupuncture alongside IVF achieved a 65% clinical pregnancy rate. This study involved giving acupuncture shortly before and after embryo transfer. Research shows acupuncture can reduce uterine contractions and as a consequence may reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- In 2016 research at The Homerton Hospital demonstrated that acupuncture treatment alongside IVF doubles a woman’s chances of having a baby.
- In 2018 a systematic review and meta – analysis found acupuncture to have a significant treatment effect in improving the birth rates of women undergoing IVF or ICSI.
- The study also concluded that acupuncture may be a suitable treatment option to reduce stress and anxiety.
Benefits of IVF Acupuncture
- Acupuncture works to calm the nervous system and aid relaxation and wellbeing.
- Acupuncture through its effect on the nervous system can help to regulate the hormones.
- May help lessen the side effects from drugs used in IVF.
- Acupuncture is a very relaxing treatment and most patients report a feeling of well being and improved sleep after a session.
I worked with Colette whilst undergoing IVF/PGD. I found her to be extremely experienced and capable with a real passion for what she does. I highly recommend Colette.
I was advised to come and see Colette by various people and it was the best decision I have made. As soon as i started acupuncture i felt much calmer, Colette also made me feel more positive and relaxed. I had been trying naturally for a while, and found out i had endometriosis so we decided to go down the IVF route. I sailed through the treatment with no side effects. I cannot recommend Colette highly enough.
Please call 0208 368 1130 to book a consultation or click here to email.