Covid Secure Clinical Practise.
We practise under strict Covid Secure guidelines from our professional body the British Acupuncture Council regulated by the Professional Standards Authority.
Our Covid Secure policy
As part of our commitment to patient care we have created some new procedures for both practitioner and patient safety that support our return to practise as a Covid Secure Clinic. Please read thoroughly before attending your appointment and if you have any questions please let us know.
Pre -Appointment Remote Consultations
To limit contact time all pre appointment consultations will take place remotely, for new patients this will be a video consultation: approximately 40 – 60 mins and for all follow ups telephone consultations (15- 20 mins) These are the average times for these session I don’t place a time limit, it is really dependent on individual needs
Pre – Appointment Health screening
- You will receive a health questionnaire and consent form 48 hours prior to your appointment, this needs to be read and signed and returned by email the day before your treatment session. A thorough risk assessment is on going and made for each patient.
- If you are unable to access the health questionnaire this can be done over the telephone and signed during your session but please bring your own pen.
- You will receive a triage call on the day of your session to confirm you are well.
- Your face to face appointment will be 30 minutes maximum, contact time will be keep to less than 15 minutes.
- Aim to arrive at the time of your appointment
- On arrival you will be provided with medical grade handwash and a medical grade 2R fluid resistant mask.
- For both patient and practitioner safety all patients will be required to wear a mask at all times whilst on the premises.
- I will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer and continue to take my own.
- Please kindly remove your shoes and leave in porch or I can provide plastic shoe coverings.
- All belongings will need to be placed in a safety box in the treatment room, which is disinfected between each patient. Please try and bring only what is required for the session.
- I will then lead you straight to the treatment couch not touching any surfaces on your way to the room. All doors will be opened and closed for you.
- The toilet facilities are available should you need, but we would encourage you to use the toilet in your own home before and after your treatment if possible.
To reduce contact time, we kindly ask that all payments are made prior to your remote video or telephone appointment.
Clinical Safety Measures
- A thorough risk assessment has been completed and is ongoing for each patient.
- The clinic room has been stripped of all non- essential items and we will be following robust cleaning protocols thoroughly before and after each patient
- The treatment room and all surfaces, including door handles, light switches, floor, and surfaces will have been cleaned with medical grade disinfectant prior to your session.
- During the treatment I will be wearing full PPE this is to ensure both patient and practitioner safety. There is at least 1- 2 hour gap between patients, with the room cleaned and naturally aired. I have also purchased an air purifier.
- During your treatment session, I will leave the room so as to reduce time we spend together. I will provide you with a device to call me if you need me, I will be in the room next door.
- I will remain open whilst it is safe to practise, if the infection rates increase in our area, and I feel it is unsafe to practise unfortunately I will close my clinic. Any advance fees will be reimbursed.
As a registered Acupuncturist high standards and patient care continues to be my top priority and I feel that all measures have been taken to ensure both practitioner and patient safety together with a warm, relaxing and peaceful treatment space. All measures taken are part of the British Acupuncture Council’s codes of safe practise together with robust infection control procedures to ensure the gold standard of Acupuncture.
I look forward to seeing you and welcoming you into my clinical practise.