Natural Fertility and Assisted conception (IVF, Ovulation Induction, ICSI, IUI)
Colette Assor provides natural fertility and IVF support to couples trying to conceive naturally and alongside assisted conception.Colette has completed post graduate training in natural fertility, IVF support and unexplained infertility. We also see many patients with related medical conditions such as PCOS, recurrent miscarriage and Endometriosis.
Sonal’s Natural Fertility Story
Nicky’s Fertility Story ( IVF Support)
We will take a 360 degree look at your medical history, lifestyle and dietary factors and comprise a treatment plan to meet your individual needs. Our treatment approach is integrative and holistic, our aim to tackle any underlying causes for example: stress, nutrition, medical factors to offer you the best possible treatment outcome. We will always be really honest with you and let you know if we feel we can help and are reviewing your treatment plan on a regular basis. We work closely with medical professionals if required.
To book an appointment please call 0208 368 1130 or to email click here.
IVF Support – Maria
There is lots of research to support the use of Acupuncture for assisted conception:
- A systematic review in the British Medical Journal concluded that using acupuncture alongside IVF achieved a 65% clinical pregnancy rate. This study involved giving acupuncture shortly before and after embryo transfer. Research shows acupuncture can reduce uterine contractions and as a consequence may reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- In 2016 research at The Homerton Hospital demonstrated that acupuncture treatment alongside IVF doubles a woman’s chances of having a baby.
- In 2018 a systematic review and meta – analysis found acupuncture to have a significant treatment effect in improving the birth rates of women undergoing IVF or ICSI.
- The study also concluded that acupuncture may be a suitable treatment option to reduce stress and anxiety.
Benefits of IVF Acupuncture
- Acupuncture works to calm the nervous system and can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Acupuncture through its effect on the nervous system can regulate the hormones.
- Lessen the side effects from drugs used in IVF.
- Acupuncture is a very relaxing treatment and most patients report a feeling of well being and improved sleep after a session.
- Acupuncture lowers levels of stress hormones which some research shows may impact IVF cycle.
- In some studies acupuncture is shown to stop muscular uterine contractions.
- Maximises chances of IVF success, pregnancy rates of 65% alongside acupuncture
“I would just like to let you know I am extremely happy with the service provided by Colette Assor, your acupuncturist – she is so kind and professional and her treatments definitely work! I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and got naturally pregnant in just under three months of her treatments. I could not be happier! Not only that, she treated me holistically, taking into account my lifestyle, diet, anxiety issues, etc as well as my physiological problem. I think Colette is an excellent acupuncturist and would highly recommend her to other clients. My baby’s photo! “Tara Cujovic Tramsak – Fertility patient.