In our fast paced society, with work pressures and deadlines, family commitments and pressure to achieve, feelings of anxiety and stress can spin out of control, leaving people feeling trapped, overwhelmed and unable to cope.
Acupuncture is proven, immediate and successful treatment for stress and anxiety.
Anxiety symptoms include:
- Shallow breathing
- Racing heart
- Broken sleep
- Feeling wired and can’t switch off
- Shaky, jumpy
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Panic attacks
How chronic stress contributes to Anxiety and Depression
- Stressful situations can cause the body to adopt the” fight or flight” response, chemicals are released into the blood stream and the body goes into survival mode.
- Continued or repeated stress can lead to persistent elevation of adrenal stress hormones including cortisol
- Over time, these disruptions disturb serotonin and dopamine balance and can lead to anxiety and depression.
- Research shows acupuncture to be an effective treatment for anxiety & depression
- MRI scans show acupuncture blocks the chronic stress induced elevations of the HPA axis hormones and the sympathetic pathway.
- A study from University of York published 2013( online journal PLOS Medicine) found acupuncture to be as effective as counselling and more effective than antidepressant medication in treatment of depression.
- Acupuncture acts on areas of the brain to reduce sensitivity to pain and stress, promotes relaxation and deactivates the analytical brain, responsible for anxiety and worry.
- regulates neurotransmitters ie serotonin and dopamine, GABA; hence altering brains mood chemistry to help combat negative affective states.“
I have been referring patients to Colette since 2003 most of whom have anxiety and depression. We have found the combination of acupuncture and CBT to be an effective remedy in the treatmentof all stress related conditions. All of my patients have found Colette to be an excellent practitioner.”
i would recommend Colette as a reputable and trusted Acupuncturist.
Meir Stolear BA (Hons) MSc London Senior accredited psychotherapist
” i have not felt this relaxed in years” AP Colindale
” i see Colette weekly for treatments, i dont wake in the night anymore, feel calmer and can cope with my stresses a lot better ” JS Golders Green
Most people who get regular acupuncture treatment will tell you that they feel relaxed and peaceful during and after treatment and they also seem to handle the big and small stresses and challenges of life with greater ease.
Colette Assor graduated in degree level Acupuncture in 1999, and has been in practise for 16 years. Colette is also a trained aromatherapist and can included massage in your treatment if needed. All treatments are tailored to meet your individual needs. Colette is a well known, and very experienced Acupuncturist and specialises in the treatment of all stress related health conditions. As a proud member of the Brtish Acupuncture Council, Colette observes a strict code of conduct and ethics. Colette also works in a rehab and has several years experience in the field of addiction.